Do you have external water leaking into your home?
It could be a disaster if a home does not have a good drain system when storm rains will not let up. The water will continue to collect until it's pushing on your door searching for any sign of a crack to get inside. If the house is unoccupied for the duration of the storm the water can continue to leak in. A lot of times when water comes from the outside, it becomes dirty. The water can flow small particles of dirt into the crack under the door. Another example of contaminated water is sewage such as a toilet overflowing.
Here are some tips when dealing with contaminated water:
- Don't spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Don't turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Don't use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by it.
- Wash hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.