Tips for Flooding Emergencies!
Water damage can occur with no warning. Protect your home from a flood in every way you can:
- Protect wells from taking safety improvement suggestions from a licensed contractor.
- Make sure your yard slopes away from your home to direct water away from it.
- Have a plumber install an exterior sewer backflow valve.
- Anchor fuel tanks.
- Have an electrician raise switches, sockets, circuit breakers, and wiring at least 12 inches above expected flood levels.
For winter (areas that experience snow):
- Rain can make snow melt quickly.
- Remove snow piled against home.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in foundation.
- Safely remove snow from roofs.
- Clear drains and gutters of debris and assure snow melts away from home.
SERVPRO of Escondido (760)746-6440
Don't let water ruin your property! Call today for an inspection!