Fire tips for homeowners!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent any more damage.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted areas to prevent more soiling.
- If the electricity is off, empty the fridge and freezer and keep doors open.
- Wipe off soot from chrome in the kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances then coat with a layer of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash walls or painted areas before contacting SERVPRO.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or furniture without contacting SERVPRO.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service first.
Key Questions to Ask Insured
- Home phone? Business phone?
- Date and time loss occurred?
- Is water damage present?
- What was the source of the fire?
- Has the source been repaired recently?
- What is the extent of the damage?
- What areas have been affected?
- How bad is the odor?
- Does the area need deodorizing?
- Is a board-up required?
- Are water and electricity available?
- Are there any personal injuries?
Call SERVPRO of Escondido To Help You! (760)746-6440